How do you clean those stinky, smelly soccer cleats? In a nutshell:
- Put some hot water in a container or a sink, and then add a reasonable amount of mild detergent. Dish soap is a good detergent to use for this process.
- Dip your soccer cleats into the solution and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- Scrub gently over every part of the cleats using a soft-bristled brush after the scrubbing, rinse the soap off.
- By rolling everything up in a dry towel, squeeze out moisture from the outside of the cleats. Insert the towel inside the cleats to absorb moisture.
- Let the cleats dry by placing them in a well-aerated area, preferably indoors. The best drying method is air drying your cleats indoors. Before you store them, make sure that the soccer cleats are completely dry. Store them in a breathable bag.
Read on for more great tips on how to keep your soccer boots clean. See you on the pitch!
Note: This post is courtesy of Code Four Athletics Soccer Uniforms, a Seattle area-based soccer specialty brand of soccer uniforms, soccer jerseys, warm-ups and soccer gear. Visit their online soccer store to see their entire selection of gear, or call toll free 1-888-411-3687. Thank you.